April 27th, 2010 — 04:22 pm
One rule must always be upheld: Mom is not allowed to do any cooking on Mother’s Day! Moms spend an incredible part of their lives in the kitchen feeding the family, but on May 9th they should be banned from the kitchen and resort to a day of facials, manicures and massages.
Although we’re closed on Sundays, let TASTE make Mom breakfast on Mother’s Day.
Sweet tastes for a sweet mum:
Chocolate Croissants 3.00- Decadence tastes like a chocolate croissant.
Sausage Rolls 3.50- Stuffed with sausage in a puff pastry with sage and Dijon mustard, these adorable rolls will make the ideal complement to a Mother’s Day mimosa.
Lemon Tea Cake 2.00-Moist, lemony and light as air, Sundays aren’t the same without a piece of Lemon Tea Cake.
Brown Sugar Pound Cake 2.25- The homemade caramel and toasted walnuts are sure to make her swoon.
You might even take her out before the big day, join us for Saturday Brunch! Our Belgian waffles with Grand Marnier Infused Strawberries and Chantilly Cream are delectable!
For special orders, give us a call at 509.468.2929.
2 comments » | Uncategorized
April 14th, 2010 — 12:41 pm
Photo from http://alibaba.com
For all you gluten-free foodies out there, quinoa is a god send! The grain-like quinoa seeds are a wonderful alternative to rice or couscous. They are high in protein and loaded with nutrients. Qunioa has a mild, slightly nutty flavor and fluffy texture that pairs extremely well with crisp, sweet veggies and bitter greens.
Originally, quiona was cultivated by the Incans and gained popularity in South America. It still isn’t a staple in American homes, but is slowly becoming the much loved alternative to wheat based products for an increasing number of people going gluten-free.
At TASTE we use black, red and your typical cream colored quinoa. Our Quinoa Salad is a delicious and healthy medley of quinoa, pecans, feta, black olives and asparagus.
If you’ve never tried quinoa–give it a try! Although it may look a bit intimidating at first, it is really very delicious (especially when made with loving care)!
Check out our other gluten-free tastes on the blog!
Comment » | Uncategorized
April 2nd, 2010 — 08:00 am
Check out our new TASTE To Go Menu! We are providing an abbreviated menu for your breakfast and lunching pleasures. Just call, fax or e-mail your order and we will have it available for pick up or delivery. Feel free to check it out on the Facebook tab or if you’d like to keep one at your office, just ask us for one next time you come to TASTE! We will also be delivering them around town. If you’d like us to deliver somewhere in particular, let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
All our sandwiches come with a side salad of field greens, shaved asparagus, gorgonzola crumbles and TASTE spicy walnuts OR a cup of soup
- Super Club Baguette- oven roasted turkey breast, mayo, crispy bacon, greens and tomato $ 8.50
- Brie & Ham Baguette- French brie and ham, served with lettuce, tomato and spicy apricot mustard $ 8.50
- Salami Baguette- Salami, lettuce, tomato and mayo $ 7.95
- Toasted Ham & Cheese Baguette- gourmet smoked ham & Mozzarella cheese $ 8.50
- TASTE Tuna Sandwich-Albacore tuna with carrots, red onions, green onions, celery, lemon juice, mayo and Italian flat leaf parsley, served on whole wheat bread $ 8.50
- Egg Salad Sandwich- eggs, mayo, capers, celery and stone-ground mustard, served on whole wheat bread $ 7.95
- Garden Veggie- hummus, shredded carrots, chopped olives, feta, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado on whole wheat bread$ 7.95
- Asian Chicken Wrap- oven baked chicken, red and yellow peppers, green onions and sesame seeds in an Asian peanut sauce. Served in a spinach wrap, with a side of TASTE house salad $ 8.50
Served on Fontana bread, accompanied by a TASTE side salad of field greens, shaved asparagus, gorgonzola crumbles and TASTE spicy walnuts OR a cup of soup
- Smoked Salmon- cream cheese, tomato, red onion and capers $ 9.25
- TASTE Tuna Salad Melt- Albacore tuna , Gouda and tomato $ 8.50
- Pesto Panini- mozzarella, tomato and pesto$ 8.50
- Bacon Pesto Panini- bacon, tomato, avocado, mozzarella and pesto$ 8.95
Salad Trios $ 9.50
Served on a bed of field greens, with a La Brea rustique roll and butter
OR – choose 2 salads and a cup of soup
- Pasta, Pesto and Pea
- Chicken with Tabouli
- Asian Chicken
- Curried Chicken with Mangoes
- Potato and Dill
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Wheat Berries with fresh herbs and dried cranberries
- Orzo with lemon, mint and Feta
- Oven Roasted Veggies served with a balsamic dressing
- Red Pepper Gouda Cup $4.00 Bowl $6.95
- Clam Chowder Cup $4.00 Bowl $6.95
Call for other seasonal daily choices
- Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies $ 2.25
- Oatmeal Scotchies $ 2.25
- Whiteout Cookies $ 2.25
- Peanut Butter with Chocolate Chunk $ 2.25
- Biscotti $ 2.00
- Tim’s Original Potato Chips $ 0.99
Comment » | Uncategorized