The Lenten season will soon be over and you all deserve a great, big Easter brunch to celebrate the fact that you made it 40 days without chocolate, video games, or whatever vice you decided to relinquish for a few months. This is cause for a foodie celebration!
Here are our TASTE TIPS for a festive, fun Easter brunch!
1. Decorate your table with unobtrusive touches of pastel. We loved Martha Stewart’s cute eggshell bouquets. Make little name place cards for each of your guests as it is a special occasion.
2. Plan out a full menu and let TASTE help!
Here’s our suggestion:
Ham, Mushroom and Cheddar Frittata from TASTE
Baked Ham or Poached Salmon
Fruit with Mint and Honey Salad from TASTE
Orzo with Lemon, Mint and Feta salad or Fresh Vegetable Salad from TASTE
Twice Baked Almond Croissants or Maple Walnut Scones from TASTE
We could provide nearly all of your brunch necessities–all you need to do is bake the ham or poach the salmon ahead of time, mix the drinks and heat the frittata (325 for 15 minutes or until heated through).
3. Create a fun and clever Easter basket hunt. Rather than leaving out the Easter basket, plant clues encased in plastic Easter eggs around the house. The last clue should lead them to their beloved basket!
4. Order your desserts! Instead of baking another bunny shaped cake with coconut frosting, let us make and decorate your sweets for you. It will give you some much needed time to hide Easter eggs and prepare the baskets! We could make you assorted cupcakes topped with pastel-tinged frosting, our delicious (and Hannah’s favorite) Carrot Cake topped with edible fondant bunnies or maybe just a tray of simple, sophisticated Lemon Tarts.
5. Enjoy those sweets over board games or if the sunshine stays put, enjoy them after a nice walk in Manito Park or after a rousing game of Frisbee.
Happy Easter Planning!